Okay, so I'm definitely late on posting my mason jar project, but I ran into a few bumps along the way! Now don't worry, it was worth the wait! My FREE jars, inspired by these, are being put to good use and not looking too shabby either! So go ahead and grab:
- mason jars (used leftovers from our wedding=$0)
- newspaper or magazine pages (c'mon, you can find them somewhere!=$0)
- paint (used an on-hand paint sample=$0)
- cling wrap (already on-hand=$0)
- rubber band (or ponytail holder, which I have a million floating around=$0)
TOTAL=FREE, that's right!
Be sure to wash your jars with soap and water first. Then, pour about 2 oz. of paint into each jar. If your paint is really, and I mean really, thick you will need to add a few drops of water to thin it just a bit.
Next, if you have lids--use them. I acquired my jars from my wedding and never had lids. Here's where creativity comes in! Secure a doubled up (double prevents trouble, HA!) piece of cling wrap with a rubber band or ponytail holder.
Then, SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!
Pour the excess paint back into can then set on the newspaper to dry. FYI, it takes a while. This paint is usually dry in 1-2 hours on a wall and I let it dry upside down for 1 day, then right-side-up for 1 day.
My new favorite marker/scissor/pen etc. holder!