Southern Style Cheese Steak
2 ribeye steaks (partially frozen but soft enough to cut through)
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 yellow onion
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbs white sugar
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil (or EVOO as they say on the Food Network)
8 slices of pepperjack cheese
4 sub buns (we like Harp's Jumbo Sub Buns!)
- Slice steak very thin (as thin as possible), season with Worcestershire sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning, and set aside.
- Chop your onion and season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Saute onion on medium-low heat in EVOO until very tender and golden brown (approximately 15-20 minutes), move to a bowl and set aside.
- Place your meat in the same pan you just used to cook the onion and brown on all sides on medium-high heat until cooked through (less than 5 minutes since you sliced it so thin).
- Add the onions back into the pan and place your cheese slices on top (it should melt pretty quickly to give you that melted cheesy goodness in each bite).
- Divide into 4 servings and serve on toasted sub buns.